Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Ranking Ladder?

Is there by any chance a ranking ladder available for the lithosphere, including any new permissions you may get with the higher rank?

Liam

At lot can be gained by being an end-user...
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Khoros Oracle

I dont think the Community Management publishes the Rank list (much less the criteria to achieve the ranks), nor the permissions that are bestowed.

Even as a Lithium employee, I have been hit by the "surprise and delight" philosophy of a competent rank structure.  I think a rank structure can always be improved (but it does require a team to do a bunch of homework and really figure out where the right tweaks can be made).

Did you have any specific ideas or suggestions that concern the ranking ladder?

Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

As Jake mentionned, it's not something we reveal. Members may be willing to share their discoveries, though 😉 It's worth keeping in mind that progression through ranks will vary from one member to another, since we reward several different types of participation.

===============================
Julie Hamel - Global Community Manager

New to the community? Can't find where to post? Visit our guide to the new Lithium Community.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

JakeR wrote:

I dont think the Community Management publishes the Rank list (much less the criteria to achieve the ranks), nor the permissions that are bestowed.

Even as a Lithium employee, I have been hit by the "surprise and delight" philosophy of a competent rank structure.  I think a rank structure can always be improved (but it does require a team to do a bunch of homework and really figure out where the right tweaks can be made).

Did you have any specific ideas or suggestions that concern the ranking ladder?

I have yet to visit a community that told you how to rank up 😉

All the communities I have visited however tell you what ranks you can acheive - the surprise is them figuring out how to get to the next rank 😉

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

JulieH wrote:

As Jake mentionned, it's not something we reveal. Members may be willing to share their discoveries, though 😉 It's worth keeping in mind that progression through ranks will vary from one member to another, since we reward several different types of participation.

Hmm, so the ranking system varies according to the member? I haven't seen that system before (actually, on Spotify you can only get the top few ranks if you're a super user, but nothing more complex).

Can I get any higher on the ranking scale now? Is there only so far a non-customer can go?

Edit: I just got the Advisor rank 😉

Liam

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

My suggestion is to at least tell us what we can do with the new level we've achieved.

Right now, the congrats message is a head scratcher because I don't know what changes even though you're congratulating me on achieving the new rank.

Please embed additional info in that personalized message if you want to still want to keep this air of secrecy.

Highlighted
Occasional Commentator

I am one of the active member of Globe Telecom's Globe Community. My participation to the Community started on 05/26/2013 and reached more than 1100 posts. My rank is "Grand Elder" and I am the very first member bestowed this rank. We were never told how these ranks are accorded to each member. It is like a surprise! We never know what rank we get. At times, members skip a certain rank and awarded a different one. With my current ranking, I am able to edit old posts.

Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

I had answered brlau's suggestion in a seperate thread, so just to close the loop for everyone else: It's not currently possible to send out customized rank up PMs, however the idea has been accepted by our Product Management team and is on the roadmap for 2013 - customers can follow the progress of this idea here: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/customer-ideas/Automated-customized-messages-on-each-new-Rank-achi...

As soon as the new feature is available, we'll make some tweaks to inform users on new permissions gained with their new rank!

Thanks for the suggestion,

===============================
Julie Hamel - Global Community Manager

New to the community? Can't find where to post? Visit our guide to the new Lithium Community.