Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

The software

Why is it that only certain people can get this software? I think it should be like vbulletin and people can purchase it whenever needed. I called and talked to a rep on the phone and they told me to try vBulletin.
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

sakuchan wrote:
Why is it that only certain people can get this software? I think it should be like vbulletin and people can purchase it whenever needed. I called and talked to a rep on the phone and they told me to try vBulletin.

its for big companies.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I think it's available to just about anyone.....provided they are willing to pay for it.

Think of it this way:

There are quite a few 'free' programs that will help you write a document on your computer.

If you want one with all the bells and whistles and customer support you will have to pay though and go with Microsoft Office  (not saying it's flawless, just what I use).

Same for pretty much any software out there. Free or cheap usually gets you just that.

So far for us the customer relations and help has been fantastic, the scalability and customization second to none and it's taken very littls (front end) programming on our end.

Just my 2 cents 🙂

"May The Community Be With You"
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the comments. Johnny is pretty much correct. In reality, our platform and services are available to most people, but we specifically cater to larger scale communities. Most of our customers have many thousands of registered users and guest users/visitors are in the hundreds of thousands, some even bigger.

As you may have read in some of the material on Lithium.com we believe our key offering is around two aspects: the notion of Social CRM - the intersection of social networks, traditional CRM (customer relationship management) and community. We believe that these three aspects working together as part of a company's offering can give them insight and interaction to a customer base that they have never seen before. The second aspect is the identification, nurturing and enablement of superusers - the 1% of community users who go above and beyond to answer questions, creating upward of 40-60% of the material available to people. They are the ones who make communities successful - the software enables them, but they have the passion and knowledge.

Of course I am going to say the SW is great, but I really hope that what sets us apart is that we have over 10 years experience in this business, more than anyone else, and we're committed to doing all we can to get customers to succeed with their communities and their business goals. It sounds like we're doing the right things for Johnny, and I hope we are for everyone else.

If you're looking for a solution on this sort of scale, then we'd happily discuss it with you.

Thanks!

Paul Gilliham
Lithosphere CM / Director, Digital/Community Strategy

---

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the Thumb Up to show your appreciation!
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

From my experience, Lithium has been designed to suite the larger corporation type of needs.  While that doesn't exclude the need in other business, you certainly get more "bang for your buck" if your community is in the area of big business and you are looking to meet very unique needs for a large range of customers.  Those unique needs are what communities are so great at providing, it is customer feedback that is highly accurate and dependable. 

An online community such as vBulletin I presume may have been suggested to you to meet less demanding needs.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, you may find an alternative to suite you better.

Take care 🙂