Khoros Atlas Logo

Community IP Address

Community IP Address

Question

What is my community IP address?

Will it always remain the same or is there a range it will stay in? Can I create a DNS entry to point our community to the IP address?

Answer

The IP address of your community can be found by pinging the address via command prompt. You can do this by performing one of the following:

ping commid.lithium.com (where commid is your community ID)

nslookup commid.lithium.com (where commid is your community ID)

Will it always remain the same or is there a range it will stay in?

Your community's IP address is subject to change.

Below you will find our IPv4 address space for each of our data centers:

AMER IPv4 address space: 208.74.204.0/22

EMEA IPv4 address space: 46.19.168.0/23

If you're unsure which data center you're located in, please contact Lithium Support.

Can I create a DNS entry to point our community to the IP address?

This is not recommended as the IP address is subject to change. While the IP will always fall within the range noted above, the proper method is to create the entry such that community.domain.com CNAME to commid.lithium.com

Labels (2)
Comments

The IP Range (emphasis on range) for the EMEA data center is 46.19.168.0/23. That means that the IPs in the the EMEA data center can range from 46.19.168.1 to 46.19.169.254.

For the US data center the range of IPs is 208.74.204.0/22 which means it ranges from 208.74.204.1 to 208.74.207.254

@ChadB @AlexN 
Could this be updated to reflect the move to AWS, I can obviously ping the site to get IP but the IP returned for AWS seems to hit 403 when you try to navigate to it unlike when at EMEA data centre  also does the above still apply in terms of IP can change and there is a set range it could fall in. 

Just asking from the point of allowing access from community to some core systems. 

Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎08-30-2018 09:53 PM
Updated by: