Public

Comprehensive Outage Information

What is a Severity 1 incident?

A Severity 1 incident is a situation where the application is essentially rendered useless and prevents all, or the majority, of users from accessing or using the application for its primary purpose.

Community - Severity 1 Definition 

At least 50% of users are experiencing one or more of the following problems:

• Cannot access the production community
  • Cannot post anywhere on the production community
  • Cannot log in to the production community
  • Extreme slowness (several seconds or minutes) to load nearly any page on the production community
  • A major security risk or vulnerability

Note: Any of the same issues happening only on the stage community would not classify as a Severity 1 incident. In these situations, a normal Support ticket should be filed via the case portal.

Khoros Care - Severity 1 Definition 

• No one can access or log in to Khoros Care
  • Data is not coming in to Khoros Care for any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Khoros Community, or Google+
  • No agent is able to send responses out to any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Khoros Community, or Google+
  • Extreme slowness (several seconds or minutes) to load or respond to nearly all conversations

Khoros Marketing - Severity 1 Definition 

• No one can access or log in to Khoros Marketing
  • Data is not coming in to Khoros Marketing for any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter.
  • No account is able to send responses out to any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter.
  • Extreme slowness (several seconds or minutes) to load or respond to nearly all conversations

Who do I contact if there's a Severity 1 incident? 

What information should I provide?  

When reporting and outage, to expedite turnaround time please provide the following: 

• Brief description and steps to replicate the issue
  • Sample URL to where the issue can be seen (the home page is fine if no specific URL)

What is your Service Level Agreement (SLA) on Severity 1 incidents?

Do you have a server status page to check for real-time updates?

• Yes. It is located at http://status.khoros.com/ and you can subscribe to it via email or SMS (limitations apply to SMS updates).
  • Note: Khoros monitors all of its critical services both internally and through third-party services. This page reports on known infrastructure wide incidents affecting Khoros platforms. If you're experiencing an availability or a performance issue that isn't shown on that page, please report it to outage@khoros.com

My contract says ....

Your contact overrules the statements in this document.  This outlines our standard expectations and commitments, however customers with increased or grandfathered support offerings may have different contractual agreements.

Labels (1)
Comments
Contributor

Hi Support Team,

Can we have a WebEx session to discus the severity 1 incident process?  Since our IT team will support Cisco's Help Zone in coming weeks, we like to know on how to contact you via email, paging or other maintenance activities.

Feel free to reach out to me for any questions.

Thanks

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your post. I am the Customer Success Director for Cisco. I will connect you with the Technical Account Manager for Cisco via emails.

Wilson 

Boss

Is the email address listed for outages still correct (outage@lithium.com) or is it now [at]khoros.com?  

A Severity 1 incident is a situation where the application is essentially rendered useless and prevents all, or the majority, of users from accessing or using the application for its primary purpose.

• Extreme slowness (several seconds or minutes) to load nearly any page on the production community

Note: Any of the same issues happening only on the stage community would not classify as a Severity 1 incident. In these situations, a normal Support ticket should be filed via the case portal.

• Data is not coming in to Khoros Care for any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Khoros Community, or Google+
  • No agent is able to send responses out to any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Khoros Community, or Google+

• Data is not coming in to Khoros Marketing for any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter.
  • No account is able to send responses out to any one of the standard social integrations, i.e. Facebook, Twitter.

When reporting and outage, to expedite turnaround time please provide the following: 

• Sample URL to where the issue can be seen (the home page is fine if no specific URL)

• Yes. It is located at http://status.khoros.com/ and you can subscribe to it via email or SMS (limitations apply to SMS updates).
  • Note: Khoros monitors all of its critical services both internally and through third-party services. This page reports on known infrastructure wide incidents affecting Khoros platforms. If you're experiencing an availability or a performance issue that isn't shown on that page, please report it to outage@khoros.com

My contract says ....

Your contact overrules the statements in this document.  This outlines our standard expectations and commitments, however customers with increased or grandfathered support offerings may have different contractual agreements.

Labels (1)
Last Reviewed:
12-21-2023 07:49 PM

My contract says ....

Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎03-02-2020 03:47 PM
Updated by: