Public

How do I close a support case that's been resolved?

When you have an open support case, you will be able to see a new button on the case details page with the option to Close case.

Screenshot_2019-06-03 Khoros Community(1).png

Once you are happy that your support case has been resolved you can click on the button, which will trigger a popup box confirming that you would like to close out your case with the support team.

Screenshot_2019-06-03 Khoros Community(2).png

Once you have closed your support case you will be able to find it in the Resolved tab in the Case Portal.

Note: If you wish to let us know why you are closing your case, please feel free to leave a comment on the case before closing. You may also receive a survey after the case is closed.

Labels (3)
Comments
Boss

Heya @StevenT , this is great feature!

One request, is it possible to add a dialog box so we could enter a reason why its being closed for tracking purposes should we need to reference the ticket again? I closed one yesterday that I was able to resolve on my own after discovering another article in the community and would have liked to mention what helped me resolve the ticket. Thanks! 

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hey @tyw 

Thanks for the feedback and glad to see that you're finding it useful! 

We decided during the launch of the feature to just the popup box due to also using the feedback survey when the case is closed to save potential duplication of putting it on the case + in the survey.

As you're aware we are always looking at ways to improve customer engagement and I will add this on to the list of things to keep in mind when we are reviewing the case portal.

We will look to see if we can make the process more clearer such as adding additional text to the close case popup and also the documentation above 🙂

For now I would recommend to leave a quick comment to say that you were able to resolve it yourself and what it was that resolved it and then click the close button.

Boss

Thanks @StevenT!

That makes sense! A short line of text advising the user to leave a comment before using the close option would be great 🎉

When you have an open support case, you will be able to see a new button on the case details page with the option to Close case.

Once you are happy that your support case has been resolved you can click on the button, which will trigger a popup box confirming that you would like to close out your case with the support team.

Once you have closed your support case you will be able to find it in the Resolved tab in the Case Portal.

Note: If you wish to let us know why you are closing your case, please feel free to leave a comment on the case before closing. You may also receive a survey after the case is closed.

Labels (3)
Last Reviewed:
02-17-2024 08:24 PM

Labels (3)
Version history
Last update:
‎06-11-2019 04:15 PM
Updated by: