Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Activecast not showing

I'm testing out activecast for our company website. I have created the code and put it on our support page. I can see the content but no one else can see it from there computers. http://www.insideview.com/cat-company-support-2.html 

Is there a setting in ADMIN that has to be checked for visibility?

•  

Kokasexton,

I think as along as active case is enabled, it should work - you generate and place the code.

The only snag I can remember that we hit at one point was needed to have the permission " Allow user to make REST API calls with read access" set to grant.   You might check that one...

Mark

strandboy23
      Contributor
      thanks, i was struggling with this one as i only have limited access to some of the documentation. this community has solved a number of roadblocks i've run into!
    AdamA
    Khoros Oracle

If the permission change that Mark suggested fixed your problem then you can ignore my comment. 

When I visit your test page I am seeing some of the content.  I see a list of messages that shows the subject, author and post date.  The message body is not currently showing, which might have been intentional.  The reason the message body is not showing is because the "Number of words in body" was set to 0 when you created the Activecast code in the Admin.  If you do want the body to show then you can just leave the "Number of words in body" setting empty when you create the code in the Admin or set it to some value which will be used to truncate the number of words in the body.