Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Additional Flags on Topics - (Accepted, Pinned, Ongoing Discussion?)

To help our SME oversight teams, I'd like to give them the ability to flag a topic as an "Ongoing Discussion" to indicate to other SMEs that the topic doesn't need a solution...but rather, needs to keep evolving on its own. 

Tagging is the best way I can think of right now - are there any other methods I can tap into?   Possibly any available custom metadata fields?

• keithkelly 

A best option could be to Turn off the Accepted Solution but unfortunatly it does not work on Topics basis. You can apply this at board/caategory level under Admin > Features > Accepted Solution > Turn on Accepted Solutions

But you can try some alternative options to achieve this -

• You can remove the accpet as solution button just for a specific topic using CSS.
    • Float topic for all user so that it can always be on top of the discussions list
      Visit Topic > Options > Float this topic for all users 
      https://prnt.sc/R6-sM7j-FA6D
    • Tagging/Labeling is also a good option so that all such kind of posts can be searched easily just by clicking on tag or label.
    • Another option can be Mark such topics as a featured topics and show all the featured topics on the homepage for your SME's only(may be on the basis of role).