Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Adobe AEM integration with Khoros ( For Comments )

Hi Team,

This is regarding Adobe AEM integration with Khoros.

We have a requirement like, We need to create the pages in AEM. But, Comments ( User generated content ) should be stored in Khoros. When I create a page in AEM , it should create one specific comments thread in Khoros as well. 

Users ( Customers ) Should be able to read/create /update/delete comment on the page ( which is in AEM) but , comments should be stored in Khoros.

When ever I create a new page , it should create one unique comments thread in Khoros.

Any suggestions please.

• I may have a similar requirement to the one outlined here prasadu507 

Can you tell us if there was any further development on this since you posted your question here?

Does anyone know if Khoros participation in the Adobe Exchange Partner Program has made it easier to integrate content or are we still just using Khoros APIs to do that now? 

And if we are using Khoros API, is there one dedicated to AEM that anyone can share documentation about? As I cant find anything in developer section. 

• Owessani prasadu507 

I have integrated Khoros with multiple platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite, Dynamics, Zendesk, ServiceNow etc. for bidirection flow of data. If interested, Please reach me out in PM. 

ThomasS
    Khoros Staff

Hi prasadu507 ,

I assume you want your AEM Page to perform create/read/update actions in Khoros Community, correct?

If so, leverage our messages API may help. You can find more information on what you can do here: 

https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/reference/messages-1

Before you call our APIs, you'll have to authenticate into the Community. Information about how to do that can be found here: 

https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/reference/khoros-communities-platform-apis#api-authentication

We generally recommend the "Session Key" method of authentication.

Note that if you wish to perform the create/read/write operations under the context of different users, it gets a little more complex. There are different approaches that may or may not require customization depending on the approach.

Hope the information above helps!

prasadu507
      Guide

Page Will be in AEM. Page should be able to fetch/create/update Comments from  Khoros