Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Any way to make Khoros API calls from development servers?

Is there any way to make Khoros API calls i.e. following the OAuth authorization grant flow from a 3rd party locally hosted dev server without getting into CORS issues?. I require to test these calls and build a third-party app which communicated to Khoros. 

It does work on Postman but not on the dev server.

• I recommend installing and using cors in the development node express server like below:

npm install cors

const express = require("express");
    const cors = require("cors");
    const app = express();
    app.use(cors());

akshays
      Ace

Thanks!. I am actually running a React app locally. Haven't built a backend yet. Apologies for not being clear before.

I tried getting the Khoros Access Token from a locally hosted express app and it works fine, majorly because it is not running into the Browser's CORS policy. 

Could there be any way to do the same for the React app?

AmanMalhotra
        Expert

Hi akshays 

I don't think you can directly hit API calls from the Localhost React App to the Community APIs, you need to make a server (a simple node or express server) that will run on another port on localhost and there you can HIT API calls and if you want you can trigger those API calls from frontend to your local server and then local server to Khoros APIs.

If you think my comments are helpful, do like my comments!

MattV
    Khoros Staff

You can reach out to support and ask them add the domain you are making the call from to the allowed origin list.

• Thanks. Currently I am hosting and running the app locally, so it is a localhost: address. Not sure if they can whitelist that.

MattV
        Khoros Staff

Ah, that makes sense. Your other option would be to ask support to disable CORS entirely. Obviously not recommended for prod, but could work for you on stage.