Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Anyway to customize filter component for ideas exchange listing page

We are trying to add an option to the select dropdown that says top ideas, new ideas etc...We want to add recent activity which would involve somehow altering the query for the messages list. Is there any way of doing so?

• browneandrae,

You can achieve this by creating new custom component with similar functionality to OOB by making your own logic and queries.

After selecting the recent activity from drop-down, You also need to customize whole idea-exchange layout for checking the recent activity and show them in listed items.

• browneandrae,

You can achieve this by creating new custom component with similar functionality to OOB by making your own logic and queries.

After selecting the recent activity from drop-down, You also need to customize whole idea-exchange layout for checking the recent activity and show them in listed items.

browneandrae
      Expert

Parshant  pretty much what I did, was researching if I could somehow customize the query that gets the idea message list so that I could just pass in the json to a component but I did not see a way of doing so , so I realized the only way was to make custom components and "directives" to achieve this. Thanks for replying