Forum Discussion

5 years ago

API for "Hide messages in this board from lists"

Community Admin Structure has the node setting to "Hide messages in this board from lists":

I can't find this property exposed in any way on the messages collection. This resulted in content from such nodes being unexpectedly exposed in activity components.

Any way to query - ideally even filter - messages from nodes with this setting enabled?

NB: The "Hide from lists and menus" is exposed via the board.hidden property on the message collection. Cannot be used in the LiQL WHERE clause though.

AndrewF
    Khoros Oracle

Hey Claudius & Tyson, this is a board-level setting called 

config.hide_messages_from_nodes_in_lists

You can grab a list of all the boards that do not have this setting set, build a LiQL "IN" clause with those IDs, and cache that clause. You could use that anywhere you need to filter messages down.

This is one of those cases where "NOT IN" syntax would be convenient, but unfortunately as you know it is not supported.

TysonN
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

You're correct that this is not currently available as a constraint via the APIv2 messages collection, and I agree it'd be pretty handy if it were.  Khoros PS has made an internal request for this, though I couldn't tell you if and when it will happen at this point.  Might be worth checking with your CSM if you have one.