Forum Discussion

bma
Mentor
10 years ago

API: Ordering/moving/parenting nodes in Community Structure

Hi,

I want to render a Community tree similar to the Admin Community Structure as well as move and reorder nodes.

1. Are there realtime REST APIs to return a paginated list of nodes (including hidden) at the community-level or category-level in the order (index, or nodeposition) they are rendered in the Lithium Admin Community Structure (e.g. with categories floated to the top, chats anchored to the bottom)? And/or any other sorting mechanism?
  2. Are there REST APIs to get/set the order (index, or nodeposition) of a node within a community-level or category-level (e.g. relative to sibling nodes with or without the category and chat enforced positioning)?
  3. Are there REST APIs to move (re-parent) a node to the community or a new category?

Thanks,

Ben

• Hi bma,

I am having the same problem right now. 

I think the way to start is by calling the main "nodes" call under community. However, after that you will encounter roadblocks because there is no generic node to bring all children from the result of the first call.

On the other hand you can call "nodes/nested" but then you will not know the order/level whatsover. 

Very dissapointed with the REST API.

• Additional notes:

1. A file upload to asset library API. Can we achive this with  the beta lithium sdk?
    2. Fixing or adding an API to get us an absolute/true count of all nodes (hidden and not) for a single level in a community or category
    3. Node repositioning/ordering/moving API. The most critical to our success!

JeffY, hope all is well. It would be great if you could take a look at the above list and let us know your thoughts.

Cheers,

amir