Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
5 years ago

API query equivalent to "trending discussions"

We want our trending discussions component to be formatted completely differently than the OOTB component, so we tried creating a custom component for that. 

What is an equivalent REST query that we can use that would be equivalent to the OOTB component for trending discussions? Is it simply most recently updated messages, or a combination of recently updated and number of posts?

• Lindsey  - I think OOTB Trending Discussions have following criteria:

Messages created in the past 7 or 30 days (which you have configured in admin panel) that have received the most kudos.

So, you can use the following V2 Query to get trending messages of last 7 days:

<#assign now = datesupport.now />
    <#assign today = now.millisecondsAsString?number?number_to_datetime?iso("Europe/Zurich") />
    <#assign lastWeek = now.addWeek(-1).millisecondsAsString?number?number_to_datetime?iso("Europe/Zurich") />
    <#assign query = "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE post_time > " + lastWeek + " AND post_time < " + today + " and kudos.sum(weight) > 0 ORDER BY kudos.sum(weight) DESC" />

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

• Lindsey  - I think OOTB Trending Discussions have following criteria:

Messages created in the past 7 or 30 days (which you have configured in admin panel) that have received the most kudos.

So, you can use the following V2 Query to get trending messages of last 7 days:

<#assign now = datesupport.now />
    <#assign today = now.millisecondsAsString?number?number_to_datetime?iso("Europe/Zurich") />
    <#assign lastWeek = now.addWeek(-1).millisecondsAsString?number?number_to_datetime?iso("Europe/Zurich") />
    <#assign query = "SELECT * FROM messages WHERE post_time > " + lastWeek + " AND post_time < " + today + " and kudos.sum(weight) > 0 ORDER BY kudos.sum(weight) DESC" />

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!