Forum Discussion

2 years ago

API to download thread PDF

Is there an automated way to dump contents of a thread to PDF as you would by clicking on "Get Thread PDF" via the browser while on the thread?

I'm being asked to download several threads for an important adhoc tasks.

I could always resort to a jmeter script, but if there is an API available that would be better.

• jpadilla Could you please clarify if the term is exactly called like that? Our Application engineering team can research on this, but we do not see that term being used anywhere in the community code so if you point us to where this is done we can check if this is exposed via an API.

jpadilla
      Guide

For our community site, when you view a thread, there is a button to produce a PDF. See attached.

This is the script tag:

<div id="getPdfContainer"><a class="lia-button lia-button-secondary dtmcustomrulelink" onclick="loadAllComments()" data-dtmaction="Get Thread PDF Button Click">Get Thread PDF</a></div>

This is a one time critical activity of about 1300 threads. 

JohnD
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

We used to support this, but this feature was removed due to potential performance issues that could impact sites.

• AFAIK this is not a default button (at least I can't remember seeing it), so you might wanna investigate what that loadAllComments() method (javascript) is doing?

• Okay, looks like we had a creative developer that creating that custom function.