Forum Discussion

5 years ago

API to Share Message ( TKB ) different nodes

Hi Team ,

I'm looking for REST API to post message to one board & shared across different board .

or How to create message which is shared across different board ( or nodes ) .

Can anyone please help . 

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Patil

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi patils27 Can you please describe your use case more? Are you wanting to post a message to more than one board in a single request? 

patils27
      Guide

Are you wanting to post a message to more than one board in a single request? 

Yes , I would like to post message to more than one board in a single request? 

Thanks 

Sachin

• Hi SuzieH,

Khoros JX (Jive) has the concept of "sharing" a message from a primary to a secondary node so that there is still only one message (rather than duplicate messages) but that it shows up in two different locations.  (You can think of it as similar to a symbolic link.)

Does Khoros Community have a similar feature or functionality, or how would one accomplish this sort of thing?

I'm assuming it would be easy enough to display the content in a custom component that was based on a LiQL query, maybe watching for a custom tag or something similar, but is there a way that could also allow the content to show up in search results on the secondary node?

Thanks!
      Jeff

SuzieH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

RyanVa do we have any plans to support the concept of 'sharing' a message?

RyanVa
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

At the moment we don't have any short term plans to introduce this JX feature into the Community product, however we are looking at it (along with a few other related items) longer term.