Forum Discussion

gregg
Mentor
13 years ago

Autoquote in PMs

Hi,

Following on from this thread: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Product-Support-Board/How-can-I-work-with-my-PMs-more-effectively/m-p/41006

I have created the component and added it to the "Private Notes Page". However, when a user now uses the PM system, upon loading the quote it doesnt break it clear of the curser. So when a user starts typing their message it appears as part of the quote. WHen a user presses enter it either removes the bottom quote line or moves it down the page. The only way to keep the text outside of the quote is to click on the bottom line of the quote and press the down key - this seems to break it clear of the "blockquote".

Upon comparing the HTML for the blockquote with a normal message and this PM it would seem it is not including a < p > < /p > at the end of the blockquote. 

I followed the instructions to the letter and made no changes to the component code supplied. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gregg

• Hi Gregg,

After taking another look at this, I think what was happening is that it was trying to perform the quote action before the editor was fully loaded. I tweaked the code a bit, and it seems to be better now:

<@liaAddScript>
    ;(function($) {
       $(document).bind('LITHIUM:editorLoaded',function() 
       {
          $('#messageQuote').click();
       });
    })(LITHIUM.jQuery);
    </@liaAddScript>

Please keep in mind that with the code from the previous thread, this has not been fully tested or vetted. I'd strongly suggest checking it out in your staging environment first. As usual, you may also need to tweak the code to meet your exact needs.

I hope this helps!

-Adam

test

AdamN
    Khoros Oracle

Hi Gregg,

After taking another look at this, I think what was happening is that it was trying to perform the quote action before the editor was fully loaded. I tweaked the code a bit, and it seems to be better now:

<@liaAddScript>
    ;(function($) {
       $(document).bind('LITHIUM:editorLoaded',function() 
       {
          $('#messageQuote').click();
       });
    })(LITHIUM.jQuery);
    </@liaAddScript>

Please keep in mind that with the code from the previous thread, this has not been fully tested or vetted. I'd strongly suggest checking it out in your staging environment first. As usual, you may also need to tweak the code to meet your exact needs.

I hope this helps!

-Adam

test

• I'm a bit surprised to see that PMs aren't threaded. Certainly by making auto quote forced on you can keep continuity through a private message exchange but it would require someone to use the quote button.  I like that it does show you their message to you when you're replying but typically with Private messages, unlike email some time may have passed and I don't know the context of what was said.  So I have to go back and find out.  

Having a search capability here will help but having threading too would be awesome.

MarkSchwanke
        Boss

Toby Might want to take a look at this. It's not threaded but it might be able to help you?