Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Block New Replies - API?

Hello everyone.

I am new to development for the community that I manage and am looking for guidance on solving a process that we are attempting to accomplish. 

In summary, we have a mature community of over 12 years with a large number of threads that are considered dated. Once we set up the parameters to isolate these threads we'd like to block new replies. To my knowledge there is no way out of the box to accomplish this in bulk and one by one is simply not reasonable. 

I believe that API calls would be my solution here and I have no idea where to begin. 

Any help would be truly appreciated.

We are current on community version 24.2 (24.2-release r2404161404) and have not updated to Aurora yet.

• ccanada 
    To achieve this, you have to create a dedicated component for the topic page. Within this component, you have to implement the logic to determine if the thread meets certain criteria. If it does, dynamically apply the necessary CSS to hide the Add Comment section.

• ccanada 
    On load of topic page, you can remove the Add Comment section using CSS if that perticular thread have reached upto the defined parameter/threshold. 

ccanada
      Ace

VikasB 

Interesting. Forgive my ignorance but would that be as simple as updating the CSS in studio so that if a post is opened and meets a certain criteria (date, solutions accepted...) that the post can block new replies?

• ccanada 
    To achieve this, you have to create a dedicated component for the topic page. Within this component, you have to implement the logic to determine if the thread meets certain criteria. If it does, dynamically apply the necessary CSS to hide the Add Comment section.