Forum Discussion

11 years ago

blog: metadata

Hi there,

I'm trying to customise the metadata for blog message. i.e each blog content should have a unique meta tags for seo purposes. Anyone know how do I achieve that?

example below

<meta name="description" content=""/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Car, road trip, music"/>
<meta property="article:publisher" content="" />
<meta property="article:section" content="Car" />
<meta property="article:published_time" content="2014-05-12T08:00:43+10:00" />
<meta property="article:modified_time" content="2014-05-15T14:38:58+10:00" />

Regards,

Teck

• Hi Telstra1 

as far as I am aware you can control description and keywords for the community nodes but not directly for messages. Do you know if your community has been enabled with the support for the Opengraph meta tags - these would be auto-generated and include some of the ones you are looking to add.

Thanks,

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Telstra1 

as far as I am aware you can control description and keywords for the community nodes but not directly for messages. Do you know if your community has been enabled with the support for the Opengraph meta tags - these would be auto-generated and include some of the ones you are looking to add.

Thanks,

mjkb
      Contributor
      Paolo Tagliaferri Do you know how to control the Keyword (Meta tag) for a community? where is the option to change that in admin/studio
        Tim_h
        Boss

Just in case you haven't found this one yet mjkb the settings you're looking for are in the Community Admin.

• Community Admin
        • Community Structure Tab
        • Hover over a node (category, board etc) and choose "Edit Properties"

Worth noting that keywords and descriptions use the tree structure.

So keywords entered at the community level will apply for all boards and categories unless you edit at the board and category level.

Keywords entered for a category will apply for all boards within them unless you edit at the board level.

So you'll use your community keywords and meta description to apply to the homepage, help pages etc.

And then configure indepedently for the category and boards.