Forum Discussion

Inactive User
8 years ago

Browsers (Chrome) rendering old quilt, despite emptied cache

Has anyone ever had a page render with the wrong quilt in different browsers? It's bizarre, no idea why this could be happening. Thoughts?

Inactive User
    8 years ago
    Wound up filing a support ticket. Looks like the issue was two custom quilts with the same name, different case. i.e., TkbPage.generic and TkbPage.Generic.

This must have happened involving a version rollback because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to do it.

Had support remove both, cleared caches, and everything worked again.
    PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Inactive User

it does sound quite bizarre indeed ... other, non client caching (i.e. proxies ) in the way perhaps? Is it just one browser?  Is this on Stage? If the issue persists, I suggest raising a support ticket to get it checked out.

Thanks,

ChiaraS
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

I had once something similar, caused by 2 layouts with the same name (header and Header).... could it be a similar problem?

Inactive User
        Oh, that's an interesting thought. I'll check on that, thanks!
    Inactive User
    Wound up filing a support ticket. Looks like the issue was two custom quilts with the same name, different case. i.e., TkbPage.generic and TkbPage.Generic.

This must have happened involving a version rollback because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to do it.

Had support remove both, cleared caches, and everything worked again.
  • I've seen some weird behaviour with the latest build of Chrome v56 which has been highlighted to Lithium Support, for a start switching user no longer works due to security changes handing cookies and mixed HTTP/HTTPS environments, I wonder if this might have some bearing on the issue as well.

What pages are you seeing this happen on and are they served by HTTP or HTTPS when you hit them?