Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Bulk API: need UTM & other URL parameters

Hi

The field 'request.headers.referrer.url' is not containing the parameters of the url, specially all UTM parameters.

is there a possibility to add them in next version of bulk API, in order to provide stats about campaigns ?

Thanks

• To explain: we have launched several GDN campaigns, and generated links embed some UTM parameters like this:

https://community.se.com/?utm_source=GDN&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=<campaign_name>&utm_purpose=<campaign_purpose> 

I would like to get the UTM parameters in the bulk API to distinguish campaigns.

Do you mean that the fact the field 'request.headers.referrer.url'  is not showing the query string is due to the Referrer-Policy setting on the referring sites ?

MohammedF

ldelagoutte It is hard to tell the exact reason without seeing where you put the link on your Community page. Could you please let me know where you are putting the link on your community page?

• The links are not on Community, but on millions of sites gathered in the Google Display Network.

So Google ads displays an ads that contains the link I mentioned, with the UTM parameters

When the user clicks on the link, he lands on Community, but Bulk API does not provide me the UTMs

I can understand that due to Referrer-Policy the query string is not appearing in the 'request.headers.referrer.url' field

But the full query is still present in the navigator window.location.href variable, so the query string could be captured and then exported in the Bulk API, for example in a new dedicated field.

That is my idea

MohammedF

ldelagoutte It seems that your focus is not on the referrer but rather on the community gets called with all the UTM parameters. Currently, we only display request.url.host, showing only the host. As you're interested in request.url.queryparams or similar, this would be considered an enhancement. I suggest submitting it to our Ideas board for review.