Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Can We Add New Email Templates, and Connect Them to Actions?

I cannot find anywhere on the Khoros Community how to add a new email template. It's fairly easy to edit existing templates, but adding a new one?

• Warren_Brill - There are any custom/ additional email templates or triggers you can add. May want to check with the support if they can do any customizations.

Warren_Brill
      Boss

Thank you, VarunGrazitti - I fear I do not understand what you are telling me. Are there additional templates or triggers, and if so, are they documented somewhere? In my experience with Lithium/Khoros, documentation is often sparse and not robustly supported.

I have reached out to our CSM, and I can also include TAM and Support. Thanks.

cblown
        Boss

Hi Warren_Brill unfortunately you can NOT create new email templates and set these up with new triggers or automation. This has been requested several times before, but I doubt this is part of the current roadmap.

Generally you have to use Marketo or another external solution (via API integration) and trigger these email externally. This is a shame since simple automations like a Welcome email after your first post or a We Miss You email if you haven't been back in a couple of weeks, would be hugely beneficial in Khoros OOTB without the need to create a bespoke solution. Sure heavy automation and complex rules should be handled externally, but this is basic stuff.   

Suggest you have a look into the Ideas board since I'm sure there is an existing idea for this.. 

EDIT: I'm not sure if this relates to your particular use case but it does look like after 5 years it might just be happening ðŸ˜²
        https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Communities-Ideas/Email-template-for-new-account-creation/idc-p/611246/highlight/true#M18826