Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Can't customize component

I have a custom component that is being used but I can't find it in the component folder to try and make changes to it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding custom components. FYI I can only see like 5 components in the components section where as I see a ton of custom component options in the the pages section.

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

If you have access to the code, I'd just create a new component called theme-lib.tiled-node-navigation@override and make the changes in there. 

If you don't have access to the code for the original component, lmk and I can provide it.

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

tavasjn24 Did just using the name  theme-lib.tiled-node-navigation.ftl work with overriding the theme component? I forgot it isn't a core component, but a theme component, so @override won't work.

tavasjn24
      Guide

Yes it did work thank you very much for your help! Do you know how I can go about getting access to the rest of the components and the css files? 

Again thank you for your great help!

• tavasjn24, can you confirm the component was added using the Software Developer Kit (SDK)?  [PLUGIN_REPO/res/components].

tavasjn24
      Guide

I do not know who created it. I am brand new to the community and we had Khoros do a lot of the pre build before I came on.

SyedSa

tavasjn24, does the custom component appears in Studio > Components within the admin?

tavasjn24
        Guide

No it appears in Studio > Page > Custom Components but it doesn't show up in Studio > Components

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Can you please add screenshots of both the Page screen and the Custom Components screen? Also, are you using SDK or just the Studio interface?

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Also, what's the name of the component you're trying to modify?

tavasjn24
      Guide

This is the difference between the two. I am trying to access a component named theme-lib.tiled-node-navigation

IanKl
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

That's one of the theme's core components. What are you trying to do with it? I may be able to give you access to it. 

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

I'm sending you a PM with the code

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Which components do you want access to?

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

I don't see any components or any content on that page. 

Generally, you would add whatever components you want to the quilt for that page.

If you want to edit core components, use the @override. Otherwise for theme components just overwrite them. 

Have you read or watched tutorials about Community? There is a lot here https://community.khoros.com/t5/Setting-Up-Your-Community/ct-p/docs-settingupcommunity

And a lot more info here https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs