Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Change the position of reply/ pagination kudos in Article Pages

Hi,

I want to change the position of the Reply button, Kudos and pagination in the article pages.
Pls let me know how to do this.  I basically want to restructure how the article pages look like.
  • prashanthkavya please be aware of the fact, that in some cases it is not so easy to restructure stuff, especially if the elements are encapsulated within one component, e.g. assume Share and Reply button are part of one out-of-the-box component, than you cannot restructure it and sometimes it is also hard to create new components. It is hard that we are not able to extend or customize existing components, in some case you even have no access to the code of the existing component and in cases you want to create a similar one with some minor custom stuff, you have to reinvent the wheeel again and again ..

Before restructring please check whther the elements you are tryin to restructure are encapsulated within one component or not ... in cases they are you can only move the compoent in total ... a workaround for restrucring elements encapsulated within one component could be the usage of JQUERY or similar DOM-Manipiulators ...