Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Changed Kudos Icon - Kudos Do Not Function

I needed to change the Kudos icon. To test in my development environment, I changed the file names on the replacement images to match the old ones and uploaded two copies of the new one, one for kudos enabled, one for disabled. Kudos do not function. Granted, the image is a little larger horizontally, but at least the image mapping should work on part of the image, right? Instead, it does not work at all. Reverting to the default images, according to the documentation, would bring back both the old images and the functionality. It does neither. Suggestions?

samudhraa
    11 years ago

Hi ,

Using chrome debugger, you would find the link used as image for kudos. You can open in the new tab and find the name of the image and double check if you are changing the right one. Most of the times , the image would be transparent , in case you need to check , you can go to debugger and change background-color to red or so.  (Refer image)

kudos.png

If you follow the steps mentioned by grazitti , it should work. Just ensure you have selected

The right skin

Desktop/Mobile/Global according to your need.

Have the file name renamed to the right image used.

This should do the trick.Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sam

• Hi Warren_Brill 

Few questions before I can anwser your queries, did you check the kudos image in the firebug first? 

and, did you upload the image to a specific skin?

#lia-body .lia-content .lia-component-kudos-widget-button-version-2 .lia-button-image-kudos-horizontal .lia-button-image-kudos-give
    {
    url("/skins/images/4D575262EEB190F5887EA16B465592F0/YOUR-SKIN-NAME/images/button_kudos_v2_h_enabled.png") no-repeat scroll right bottom #616161;
    }

Check the current name of the kudo image, name your image the same, and then go to Studio > Community Style > Select the skin you want to upload image to > choose desktop (mobile in case you want to upload image for mobile version) > Images 

Then, select the image with name "button_kudos_v2_h_enabled.png" in this window, (this is very important as this image will get replaced), scroll up, choose your new image, click upload.

Your image should now be replaced. The only area I can see you are missing might be, is that you are not selecting the skin. These images get replaced specific to the skins you choose.

Let me know if this helps.

Warren_Brill
      Boss

Yes, I selected the skin deployed to the community before uploading. I use Chrome most times, so I don't use Firebug per se, but it has similar tools.

samudhraa
        Expert

Hi ,

Using chrome debugger, you would find the link used as image for kudos. You can open in the new tab and find the name of the image and double check if you are changing the right one. Most of the times , the image would be transparent , in case you need to check , you can go to debugger and change background-color to red or so.  (Refer image)

kudos.png

If you follow the steps mentioned by grazitti , it should work. Just ensure you have selected

The right skin

Desktop/Mobile/Global according to your need.

Have the file name renamed to the right image used.

This should do the trick.Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sam