Forum Discussion

Quelyn
Genius
10 years ago

Changing Layout of "Action Buttons"

Hello!  I have been trying to move all of the action buttons to the bottom of the forum message, much like they are here on Lithium.  

From what I can ascertain, it appears that Lithium is hiding the rating display inline, and then adding it to the bottom of the message somehow.  

So I tried to make a new component "@secondaryActions@override", and I added the following: 

<@delegate />
<@component id="ratings.widget.rating-enum-display"/>

I'm just trying to get "Me Too" to show up on the bottom.  But I get this error: 

Freemarker template 'PureCommunityBanner' processing failed:
RenderQueueException:Render queue error in SetupRender[ratings/ContributionPage:ratingsenumdisplay]: ratingSystem

So, I was wondering if anyone else has been able to successfully do this?  Am I going down the wrong road here? 

• I tried this and it seems like you can add the following component directly to your Forum Message Page. 

<component id="me-too"/>

Make sure to add this directly to the page and not to the custom component. Also, this Me Too button will only show up if the current user is allowed to give that rating (hence, will not show up for the author of the message)

Regards,
    Chhama

• Just an update, I opened a case with support and they suggested trying the following: <component id="me-too"/>

When I try that I get the following error: 

RenderQueueException:Render queue error in BeginRender[components/ComponentDisplayContributionPage:componentdisplay0]: unknown component id: me-too 

I added a plaintext TEST to the component, and that showed up, so I know the @override is working.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Hi Quelyn,

You are getting a render error because you need to pass in the rating System you want to use. So, do something like this below:

<@delegate />
    <component id="ratings.widget.rating-enum-display" ratingSystemRef="conv:forum_topic_metoo" />

Hope this helps. 

Regards,
    Chhama

Quelyn
      Genius

ChhamaJ Thank you! So I was able to enter that into the component and save it with no error, but the "Me Too" button is still not showing within the component.  

ChhamaJ
        Khoros Staff

I tried this and it seems like you can add the following component directly to your Forum Message Page. 

<component id="me-too"/>

Make sure to add this directly to the page and not to the custom component. Also, this Me Too button will only show up if the current user is allowed to give that rating (hence, will not show up for the author of the message)

Regards,
        Chhama