Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Componet to embed a message anywhere

Looking to see if there is a message component where can grab a message similar to the topic message component and just use the argument like lia-message:env to show. Below is a list of elements I was told about but did not know existed. Is there a list that has all the possible components that could be used? We want to embed the topic message at the top of every forum topic page, even the 2nd and 3rd pages so seeing if a component exist before writing the component myself?

• <component id="message-list-detail-with-inline-editors" />
    • This component is only available on the ForumTopicPage
  • <component id="messages.form.reply-inline" message="lia-message:env" />
    • The "message" parameter requires a message to be passed to tell the component which message the component will use to reply to. In this case we use "lia-message:env" which will attempt to grab the message from the environment. On the ForumTopicPage it will use the message for the page. This will break on pages that do not have the context of a message on them.
  • <component id="messages.form.reply-inline" message="lia-message:env" />
    • Same comment as above for the "message" parameter.
  • browneandrae I don't think what you're looking for exists out of the box, but it should be pretty easy (and probably cleaner from a markup perspective) to create a custom component that pulls in a topic based on a variety of criteria.

AdamA
      Khoros Oracle

browneandrae You might try this component:

<component id="forums.widget.message-view" message="lia-message:env" />

You can optionally pass it a "quiltName" parameter that will control which quilt is used to render the message. It will default to the quilt for the message based on the conversation style (example: if the message is for a Forum it will use the ForumMessage quilt).

Is there a list that has all the possible components that could be used?

I am not aware of a list of all components.

• AdamA  pretty important do you know why these editors do not get initialized for mobile devices https://youtu.be/DqMtzFE8tbs . Works fine for desktop but not mobile. Video attached. scripts never get added to page on mobile devices works fine for desktop

AdamA
      Khoros Oracle

browneandrae There is a setting in Admin that controls this functionality under Admin>>Discussion Styles>>Posts & Topics>>Use Rich Text Editor on mobile device.

Screenshot 2020-02-05 12.11.31.png