Forum Discussion

dpradeep
Contributor
3 years ago

configure the server with cache parameter

I would like to configure the server with cache parameter.

Configure our server to return the Cache-Control HTTP response header:

Cache-Control: max-age=31536000

Can someone assist me in doing this?

Where should I update this detail?

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi dpradeep. Support can help you with this request. Please open a ticket. 

dpradeep
      Contributor

Support team is taking more than a week to respond. I'm trying to get help from support team since 1st of March. They are just trying to beat the bush. I really don't know if they really pay attention to our query. After 7 days one representative asked the below question (even though I'm very specific about my query):

"Thank you for reaching out to Khoros Technical support. We have received your issue regarding the performance issue for the hpebdev.stage community.

Before proceeding further could you please let us know where exactly the performance issue is? Like if the community is not loading properly or a few of the community pages not loading properly. We need a bit more information to investigate it."

KrisS
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pradeep,

In truth Support was experiencing delays last week that resulted in your case going so long before being claimed, but once it was claimed the agent responded within minutes - they weren't sitting on it for 7 days, it just hadn't made its way to an agent. That's something we obviously need to work on, and this is a focus point for us for the first half of the year with many new hires coming in to help address that issue.

While we should have provided better context around why we were asking the questions we did, it's part of our standard process to ask to determine if customers are actually seeing/feeling the performance impact or if the focus is purely on a report. It is important to distinguish because lighthouse reports have a line that mentions making changes may improve speed, but not your rating. Once we know which area of concern we need to focus on, we can better prepare for how to speak to the specific concern.

For this specific change we'll need to engage our engineering team to determine if this change can be made and what impact can be expected, as changing this may not change your rating as the report details. I've added some notes for the agent to follow in your open case so that would definitely be the place to continue to engage us or your TAM should you need anything pertaining to Support in general.