Forum Discussion

KPNOnline
Mentor
9 years ago

Creating endpoints for LSI

Hi all, 

In order to create a simplified external dashboard for our community, I am looking for a way to create endpoints for LSI. For example: I need information like amount of unique visitors yesterday or top 10 search terms. It would be best to get the output as a json.

Do I need an Analytics API User account for this? Or what is the best way to get this information?

I succeeded creating endpoints by using api v1 and v2 calls already for other types of information. 

Thanks in advance, 

Marionne Waninge

OlivierS
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

KPNOnline are you talking about LSI (Lithium Social Intelligence) or LSW (Lithium Social Web)? As far as I know, there is no API for LSI.

KPNOnline
      Mentor

OlivierS. I meant LSI, because this is where I know I can find the right information.

But if I can get the visitors count and top search terms somehow by using LSW, thats fine by me as well. Or just an easy v1 or v2 call would be even easier (but as far as I found thats not possible).

Thank you for responding.

Regards,

KPNOnline 

OlivierS
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

KPNOnline as you mentioned the API, I just wanted to make sure you're referring to LSI and not LSW. LSI don't have an API - yet.

One workaround I can think of would be to create a report in LSI (assuming you can do it for the metrics you want), which will be sent to an email address you've specified. 

From your application, log into the mailbox, download the email (from LSI) containing the report, and process it. It won't be JSON, just CSV.

• Hi,

I think the Bulk Data API will be the best suggestion for this purpose. As we don't have access to this feature yet with our community, now we will have to wait until we are granted to it. I am sure then we will get the right data.

So thanks again for sharing your ideas!

Regards, 

Marionne

KPNOnline