Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Creating user through API not asking for terms of service when that user logs in for the first time

We are creating users via API and providing their username, SSO Id and email. But once the created user logs into the community via SSO, he is not prompted for accepting the "Terms of Service". Since it is his first login, we expect he accept the Terms of Service and then proceed. Kindly provide a solution for the same.

• This is only my observation / hunch, but when SSO is enabled AND you supply a username / forum name in the auth process, I'm pretty sure the presence of a forum name skips Lithium's secondary registration page which normally appears for first time visitors. This page requests a forum name and includes the T&Cs agreement.   

kavithams
      Guide

I think you're right cblown. We felt the same too and hence tried to create user via API without providing "username" - only ssoId and email - so that the absence of username/ forum name would invoke the registration page containing forum name and T&C. But the API returned the following response "<message>user.login: Specify a username.</message>". Although as per API documentation, the forum name is optional. 

ChristineC
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

There is a config that can be enabled if the only field for a user left to fill out on the SSO Registration page is Terms of Service acceptance.  If you file a support case, they should be able to enable this for you