Forum Discussion

11 years ago

"Custom avatar url" is not working?

Hi,

I have put "/html/assets/AvatarLARGE.png" in the Custom avatar field.

But when a user registers in community, he doesn't get this image.

Any solution?

ChiaraS
    11 years ago

Hi,

I think that the main problem is that by default the configuration is set to pick a random avatar for new users. That can be disabled, causing the url specified in the Admin to be used instead.

Let me know and I can quickly change it on stage for you (assuming you're working on http://gnapi98748.stage.lithium.com)

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Just an FYI as well. The value should be an absolute path. We just added a tooltip for this in the UI that will be in the next release.

ChiaraS
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

... or a reference to a community avatar using this syntax: "avatar:cubist/animals/cat" 

(cubist theme, animals collection, cat avatar)

• Thank you Susan for additional ino,
      I'am using a custom avatar image
      "/html/assets/AvatarLARGE.png"

shall I use the same syntax you have mention above?
        ChiaraS
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Since you added it as an asset, I think you need to use the absolute url... 

ChiaraS
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

where did you set that? Is it for a SSO integration or using Lithium registration?
        ChiaraS
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I think that the main problem is that by default the configuration is set to pick a random avatar for new users. That can be disabled, causing the url specified in the Admin to be used instead.

Let me know and I can quickly change it on stage for you (assuming you're working on http://gnapi98748.stage.lithium.com)