Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Custom emoticons/emoji?

Greetings! The default emoticon experience feels a bit outdated, so I'm looking for options to replace it. 

Any plans on Lithium's part to update this? I came across the phantom open emoji set, which looks pretty solid! It parallels the well known apple emoji set, and is free to use: Emoji unicode tables,Github page

A couple questions: 

• I read on the forums a while ago that Lithium customer support can do this on your behalf. Is this still the procedure to follow?
  • If we chose to use the Phantom emoji set, can we provide the SVG files to Lithium, or would we have to convert them to PNGs or another format?

Thanks!

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi iftomkins 

Lithium comes with default emoticons packs, but this doesn't mean that they can't be extended with other ones. Actually - there are quite a few examples of customers using their own emoticons packs.

It is advisable to get in touch with Professional Services to review all the requirements and make sure that everything is taken into account (from the format required to the impact to existing emoticons if any etc...)

Thanks,

iftomkins
      Maven

Thanks, I've reached out via support@lithium.com!

As a feature suggestion for Lithum, I think a style update of the WYSIWYG editor may be in order. The modal windows are pretty old school.

JeffSp
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)
        Regarding the editor style suggestion: yes, we're planning an update! You'll see it soon.
      TeroRe
      Executive
      Hi,

If customer add Emoji (from his device, not our emoticons) to his post, does posting works at all? Does he get some error message?