Forum Discussion

DeWet
Contributor
11 years ago

Custom Search

Hi Guys,

I am new to lithium, as our company has just started using this for a community site.

We would like to change the search parametres to access multiple websites, internal and external. Whether we use the built in lithium search or even to replace the search with a custom advanced google search?
I have searched the knowledge base articles about this but havent found much :) might be missing it but yeah :)

I would really appreciate some assistance or someone pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

DeWet

• You may be able to add a hook to the search button to do a secondary search via the Google search API, and insert those results into a custom component container.  You could add the custom component into the Search Page quilt inside of Studio.

In this example the default Lithium search, and any returned results from the external search would be separated, but you could display the results on the same page theoretically.

Doug

• You may be able to add a hook to the search button to do a secondary search via the Google search API, and insert those results into a custom component container.  You could add the custom component into the Search Page quilt inside of Studio.

In this example the default Lithium search, and any returned results from the external search would be separated, but you could display the results on the same page theoretically.

Doug