Forum Discussion

phoneboy
Director
5 years ago

Customizing the CSS for Studio Itself

This unresizable text interface in Studio > Endpoints makes editing Macros and Endpoints...unusable, as it shows up as only a few lines of text.

I can see in the Chrome Developer console it's set in the CSS for the page:

@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 0)
#lia-body .lia-content textarea {
    resize: none;
}

This does not appear to be coming from my custom skin CSS, but from somewhere else (a bizapps-xxxx.css file).
There's no obvious way to customize this...any ideas?

• As a workaround, you can use the browser extension Stylus and/or Tampermonkey for some js to change element behavior.

I usually use these fields only for copy-paste from/to the editor with syntax highlighting.

• As a workaround, you can use the browser extension Stylus and/or Tampermonkey for some js to change element behavior.

I usually use these fields only for copy-paste from/to the editor with syntax highlighting.

phoneboy
      Director

Or you can do it in uBlock Origin with the following rule:

community.stage.example.com##.lia-form-input-wrapper textarea:style(resize: both!important)

Of course, I would prefer some way to customize this on the platform itself versus having to rely on a specific browser plugin to be installed.

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

phoneboy You might also like this Chrome extension. It was built a while back by a Khoros Service team member as part of a hack-a-thon. I wrote about it a while ago in  back when we were Lithium. I use it on my test site and it has some nice additional features such as autocomplete FreeMarker tags and line numbers.

phoneboy
      Director

That's neat SuzieH thanks for sharing!
      Looks like it might need a small update for more modern Chrome browsers, but still seems to work.