Forum Discussion

Inactive User
3 years ago

Daily Digest email: Can I change the time it's sent?

Trying to customize the Daily Digest email template but since it only goes out once a day, it's hard to cycle testing and improvements on the live e-mail. 

Can I change the time it goes out, the frequency, or somehow trigger it to go out by command? 

• Yes you can but it's not very useful when it comes to the Digest... it literally displays every possible output variable that might be included in the Digest.

It's not quite the same as being able to see the Digest with actual content in it when you're trying to style it visually.

StanGromer
      Boss

Well **bleep**. This was literally on my list for next week to check out as it’s a huge opportunity for us I figured. Now I don’t want to even look at it 😂

Inactive User

I'll let you know what I figure out.

Inactive User

Actually, that would be very helfpful for me -- how do you do that? Thanks!

• I went through this pain a few years ago and while I don't have a solution to your problem, I'd be interested to know if there is one.

It's extremely painful to have to wait until the next day to verify changes... took me about 3 weeks to update it from memory.

• There's a button middle left in the emails editor section... but it really is like looking at spaghetti 😂

Inactive User

Thank you. It definitely is spaghetti. I thought you meant you could change the time of the digest. I've been using the Send Email to Self, but as you say, it's not very useful. In my case because it doesn't really have any content in it, just the structure. 

• Funny. I see these comments almost in all threads on Atlas concerning the daily digest template. A lot of Khoros customer are saying it's a disaster updating/changing it, because its so complex and ridiculous to test.

So I'm asking it again: is there already another way to test these daily digest mails faster? Now it's adapting, hoping you get it right and checking it day +1. It makes no sense that this is the only way to test the e-mail. Because this means you always have to wait 24 hours before you receive a new daily digest.

And no, "send to self" is not the solution, since it's not showing any content.

StanGromer
      Boss

SuzyVranken I am 98% sure the unfortunate solution is to wait until Aurora rolls out. There isn't any simple way to do anything with email with how Khoros works today. We've essentially ignored the digest email while we've updated all others.