Forum Discussion

tsrisudh
Advisor
8 years ago

Date format at category level

We have a japanese category and the users in that category want the date format in all posts as 'yyyy-mm-dd' 

I see an admin setting which is at global level but not at the individual category level, can this be enabled at category level?

• tsrisudh - Since there is a locale (Japanese) involved here which makes it very important to have a particular task done to make sense to the Japanese users, I would suggest you look for an option to customize the dates format inside the Japan community (category) since this is not feasible OOTB.

I hope this helps.

tsrisudh
      Advisor
      How do we customize OOB components per language or per category?
        VarunGrazitti
        Boss

tsrisudh - You would have to make the custom components and place them on the same page in the studio and have your code wrapped in an If statement.

<#if locale == "JA">

// date format is different

</#if>

Make sure you remove default date format using the CSS. So when inside this condition, original date will be hidden and this will appear.

I hope this helps.

• tsrisudh: It is not supported by Lithium at Category Level. We can only control at the Community Level.

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhishek Illindra