Forum Discussion

Lindsey
Leader
5 years ago

@delegate directive causing TooManySearches Exception

I have overridden some OOTB components to add some minor updates. For example, I overrode the component 'tabs' to replace the text on one tab on the 'MyProfilePage'.

After launching to our production site, we noticed any place that uses the tabs@override component occasionally will get a "TooManySearches Exception". I have an if statement around the customization part of the tabs@override file that only does the customization on the MyProfilePage. The @delegate directive is the only thing outside the if statement. So any other place that has the tabs component, it is only using the @delegate component part of the code. However, on these pages (like the admin page) that uses the tabs@override component, and we sometimes get a TooManySearches exception (attached screenshot).

Why are we seeing a TooManySearches exception for components when the only code is @delegate? Does this directive query something, and could it have a limit? If the code is the same as the original component, why would we not see these errors in every OOTB component?

No RepliesBe the first to reply