Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Delete an SDK @override Component?

How can I delete an OOTB override component ("/res/components/badges-list@override.ftl") that was created with the SDK so that it gets deleted from the server when I "li submit-plugin"? Just removing it from the file system doesn't seem to work, and I can't find a way to do it from within the Community Admin on the Studio > Components page. I have two components now that are "stuck" in override mode because I haven't found a way to delete them.

Thanks,
Matthew

• mkuehnkhoros, firstly you need to delete that component from studio, it will delete all revision history of this component made in studio.

Then you need to take the latest pull from SDK of studio plugins and SDK plugins both.

After that delete the override components files from SDK plugin directory. DOing all this run " li submit-plugin" command, it will remove the component both from studio and SDK plugins.

• mkuehnkhoros, firstly you need to delete that component from studio, it will delete all revision history of this component made in studio.

Then you need to take the latest pull from SDK of studio plugins and SDK plugins both.

After that delete the override components files from SDK plugin directory. DOing all this run " li submit-plugin" command, it will remove the component both from studio and SDK plugins.

• By "delete that component from studio", what do you mean? There is no option in Studio > Components to fully delete a component that comes from the SDK that I'm aware of.

To "take the latest pull from SDK", are you referring to a Lithium SDK command to do that? Which command is it?

Deleting the corresponding component file manually from the /plugin/res/components directory and then running "li submit-plugin" is what actually worked for me. I was mistakenly under the impression that the /plugin/* directory was completely managed by the SDK, but it appears there are some cases where developers have to manually work with those files, or am I not executing a step in the SDK process where this would get cleaned up for me before I publish? Would this be the same for any component that is being removed, and not just override components?

Thanks for your help, I'm able to remove this component from the file system and from Studio now, and return to the OOTB behavior of the component.