Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Does moving content update any date field?

Hi there, I'm looking to use the API to get a list of root messages from the platform (depth=0). However there are a lot of messages (nearly 3m) so getting a full inventory every time is impractical; what I'm looking to do is get an initial full list and then update that list with a delta of messages that have been either created since the last pull or edited somehow. The field that I've been using to pull the delta is conversation.last_posting_activity_time. However, it now appears that I've got a bunch of content showing the wrong board, because when moving a message from one board to the next that particular date field is not updated.

Question: is there any date field that gets updated when a message is moved? Or put differently: how could I get a list of messages that have been moved from one board to another since a given timestamp?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: PS: it would be helpful to spell out on this page what exactly updates the last_publish_time field: does updating a product assocation/user tag/label attached to the message update this field? How about moving the message to a different board? The reason I went with conversation.last_posting_activity_time is that it is the more recent of:

• the last post time (equivalent to the conversation.last_post_time constraint)
  • the last time the topic message was published (the last time a non-draft edit was made)

Which means I can also use it to update some summary metrics attached to a message (e.g. reply count).

So, does moving a message not count as a "non-draft edit"? It should, shouldn't it?

• Hi leeclemmer , The date field is not updated when a post is moved from one board to another as we are only changing the location of the post and not its created/edited date. Move action is not treated as edit.

We have requested the 'move message' action key to be made available at least in bulk data (goes back to 2018) for our community so that we have a way of tracking such changes programmatically, but unfortunately, the feature is not available yet.

• Hi leeclemmer , The date field is not updated when a post is moved from one board to another as we are only changing the location of the post and not its created/edited date. Move action is not treated as edit.

We have requested the 'move message' action key to be made available at least in bulk data (goes back to 2018) for our community so that we have a way of tracking such changes programmatically, but unfortunately, the feature is not available yet.