Forum Discussion

Inactive User
12 years ago

Edit Post Page

Is it possible to edit the component 'editor' on the post page? We'd like to add some legal text directly beneath one of the fields. Thanks

DougS
    4 years ago

HI jeffshurtliff ,

Unfortunately we still do not allow you to edit individual fields of a form using Studio. You could use Javascript to do it, or if you don't need the message to be next to a field, you could places a component in the page quilt for the CrmSupportCaseEditPage to add a custom component above the form for displaying your own form-level custom error messages.

-Doug

• Hi Ryan!

If you remove permission to create labels from the default permission set, the label input box won’t show up for most users any more (Unless something wacky is going on...)

Cheers!

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

There is no way currently to do this via Lithium Studio, except using a javascript hack, which would be kind of clunky and could break during an upgrade if it's not done correctly (using only supported selectors).

Professional Services can customize the form (form customization can be done, but it's not available yet in Lithium Studio) and place text below any form field. Please contact support if you'd like to learn more about this.

• Hi DougS, with this post being from so long ago, has anything changed in later releases to allow us to edit what is contained within this "editor" component?

My use case is that I need to edit our New Case (aka Create Case) page for the Case Portal, but can't seem to figure out where I can do so.

Thanks!

DougS
      Khoros Oracle

HI jeffshurtliff ,

Unfortunately we still do not allow you to edit individual fields of a form using Studio. You could use Javascript to do it, or if you don't need the message to be next to a field, you could places a component in the page quilt for the CrmSupportCaseEditPage to add a custom component above the form for displaying your own form-level custom error messages.

-Doug

• Hi DougS,

To jump in here, on the post page, there is always the label field right under the subject. Is there a quick way to remove that label text field? We don't use labels in our forums and our users constantly end up writing stuff in there on accident. 

CarolineS
      Boss

Hi Ryan!

If you remove permission to create labels from the default permission set, the label input box won’t show up for most users any more (Unless something wacky is going on...)

Cheers!

i_am_ryan
        Genius

Hi CarolineS  you're right! I was looking at the user flow from an "Admin" perspective. I logged in as a normal user and the label field isn't visible.

It's the tags text field that users end up writing the body of their post in. Is there a way to move that to be underneath the body of creating a post?