Forum Discussion

Myko_P
Expert
7 years ago

Email template issue caused by component.content.studio-title (content)

TMLHi Lithium Developers,

I am customizing community Email template “You have received a private message” in Studio -> Text Editor -> Email text.

After I pasted my customized HTML code in the “HTML Content” field and pushed “Send Email to Self” got the following error message displayed:

Sorry, we could not send the email at this time. Please wait a few minutes and try again. The component causing the issue is component.content.studio-title (content). If you have recently made changes to this page or component, please use this link to be taken to the Page Editor in Studio. If this is not the case, please contact your Administrator.

And my template is not sending to my Email. What caused this issue and how it can be fixed?

Here is the link to the HTML code I am trying to use in my template - https://glitch.com/edit/#!/join/bc431a18-c790-4eee-ba16-6191d76983cc

Is there some way to debug email templates to see the line/column number of the code which caused the Velocity engine parser issue?

Thanks!

luk
    7 years ago

First thing that pops into my eyes is

<a href="${emailUrls.getTapestryUrl("

not looking right this one =)...just search that in your template, around line 200 it was I believe...should probably be more something like this:

<a href="${emailUrls.getTapestryUrl()}"

but I would have to look it up in the docs, trying to avoid dealing with email templates as much as possible =)...just looking at all that inline CSS and tables hurts my feelings!

• Myko_P

If you have a case-portal access, You can file a case here.  

If you can't access this page, please email support@lithium.com about your issue on the same. They will resolve this for you.

Myko_P
      Expert

Thanks for the advise, Parshant ,

I created a support ticket but it looks like Support team is unable to help me:

The error I see doesn't say much. It just points out that some of the context objects isn't used correctly. 

The Support is not equipped to troubleshoot custom code. 

I double checked the context objects in my code and didn't find any errors or typos. What could it be? 

luk
        Boss

Impossible to tell without seeing the code, basically you are in a very normal debugging scenario =)...welcome to dev-land! I would suggest you just revert back to a version before your changes (copy your changes into a text editor first for comparison) where it works again, then you copy in your changes step by step (probably best to copy each part with some kind of velocity expression one by one) back into the template and after each save you send yourself the template, like this you'll sooner or later find the offending code if you cannot find it from just looking at it.