Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Emojis in email subject?

Hello and good day!

Is adding emojis in email subject/body even possible? I tried so so many ways, read a ton of articles, but every time Studio editor replaces an emoji with a question mark (🥷 becomes "?"). Doing it from SDK also doesn't work.

Has anyone explored this and whether even it's possible?

• Hi djondinium ,

Unfortunately, the Studio editor currently strips out emojis directly, replacing them with question marks. This behaviour is due to the editor's text formatting limitations.

Try below Methods (It may work) :

•  Instead of inserting emojis directly in the editor, you can copy and paste them from an external source like Emojipedia. This bypasses the editor's limitations and preserves the emojis.
    • Use HTML entities: Convert the emojis to their corresponding HTML entities and paste them into the editor. For example, the ninja emoji translates to

🏰

While less user-friendly, it ensures emojis appear correctly.

Thank you. 

• Hi vk-9 !

Thanks for the tips! HTML entity works inside email body, but not in the subject. Copied emojis doesn't work anywhere, but I guess that's fine.

Thanks again! 🙂

• djondinium I am not sure if this will help you but if this is related to Classic Community then we can get the emoji filter added in the editor to be added directly. 
    Also in case you need to add in the subject just press : "Ctrl + Cmd + space" and you will see an emoji modal open up and you would be able to add the images. 
    I have attached a few screenshots if in case these can help you for reference. 

Let me know if I got your right and this serves as a solution to you or you were looking for something else?

• I’m curious too. I’d like to add an external/internal indicator 

🔷 internal forum subscription

🔶 external forum subscription