Forum Discussion

awitt
Guide
10 years ago

Event Subscription Troubleshooting

I've been following the instructions on this page for subscribing to the UserCreate event.  So far, I've only done this in our Lithium staging environment.

However, I've yet to see any events being POSTed back to my callback URL, and nothing in the access logs on my side, either.  This makes me think that there's a communication issue between Lithium staging and my dev environment.  So, two questions:

1.) Can I see what events are subscribed to and the callback URLs for those events?

2.) Are there Lithium error logs for trying to POST to those callback URLs?

My thoughts here are that if Lithium gets a connection timeout, or some other such error, when trying to POST to my callback URL, then I need to work at allowing that communication and ensuring it's not being blocked.  Also, being able to see the events I'm subscribed to and the callback URLs Lithium is trying to use would assure me of that subscription configuration's correctness.

• We're also looking for a solution to awitt Question 1):

- Is there a way to get a list of all current subscriptions?

We need to delete some subscriptions but without the event subscription token this seems to be impossible.

We would like to know:

- What are the Callback urls subscribed to the MessageUpdate events?

- What are the subscription tokens for events subscribed to the MessageUpdate events?

Thank you!

SuzieH
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi thilo

I've forwarded your question on to one of our Engineering teams. I'm hoping someone can comment on here soon.

Inactive User

SuzieH  did this ever get a response? Thanks :)

AndrewF
    Khoros Oracle

You can get a list of subscriptions owned by a given user using REST API V1 via the events/subscriptions endpoint, while authenticated as that user.

If you don't know which user owns the event subscription, or for a full dump of all subscriptions for all users, please contact Support.

We don't directly expose server-side logs for event subscription endpoint calls, but we do have private logging (sometimes disabled by default), and Support can use it to help to track down these issues. Please open a support case if the REST API isn't enough to troubleshoot.

Inactive User

What's the easiest way to be authenticated as a particular user via freemaker using the API?