Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Export status of Idea(s) using API

Hello! I am wondering if there is a way to export the status of Idea(s) using the API. I saw this post that might help, but wanted to ask the group since I am admittedly not a developer, I'm a community manager! Who works with a lot of developers. 😊 Any help is appreciated!

• KristenMeren 

Firstly, it's important to clarify whether you're interested in retrieving the statuses of ideas from your admin section or the statuses of ideas posted by your community members. I'll provide guidance for both scenarios:

For Admin Section Statuses:

If you want to obtain the status keys available in your admin section, which can vary between different idea boards, you can use the following V1 API endpoint:
    Note: Need to replace base URL by your community base URL

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/restapi/vc/boards/id/Lithium_Ideas/message_statuses/available

This API endpoint will provide you with the specific status keys associated with the idea board you're interested in. These status keys represent the various stages or statuses that ideas can have within your administrative section.

For Customer-Posted Idea Statuses:

On the other hand, if you wish to export the statuses of all ideas posted by your community members, you can use the following V2/Liql API queries. 

SELECT status FROM messages WHERE conversation.style IN('idea') AND depth=0 LIMIT 999

This query will retrieve the statuses of ideas that have been posted by your community members.

If you want to specifically filter ideas by a certain status key:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE conversation.style IN('idea') AND depth=0 AND status.key='STATUS_KEY'

Feel free to ask for further clarification or assistance if required. Your work as a community manager is vital, and I'm here to support you in any way I can! 😊

• KristenMeren 

Firstly, it's important to clarify whether you're interested in retrieving the statuses of ideas from your admin section or the statuses of ideas posted by your community members. I'll provide guidance for both scenarios:

For Admin Section Statuses:

If you want to obtain the status keys available in your admin section, which can vary between different idea boards, you can use the following V1 API endpoint:
    Note: Need to replace base URL by your community base URL

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/restapi/vc/boards/id/Lithium_Ideas/message_statuses/available

This API endpoint will provide you with the specific status keys associated with the idea board you're interested in. These status keys represent the various stages or statuses that ideas can have within your administrative section.

For Customer-Posted Idea Statuses:

On the other hand, if you wish to export the statuses of all ideas posted by your community members, you can use the following V2/Liql API queries. 

SELECT status FROM messages WHERE conversation.style IN('idea') AND depth=0 LIMIT 999

This query will retrieve the statuses of ideas that have been posted by your community members.

If you want to specifically filter ideas by a certain status key:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE conversation.style IN('idea') AND depth=0 AND status.key='STATUS_KEY'

Feel free to ask for further clarification or assistance if required. Your work as a community manager is vital, and I'm here to support you in any way I can! 😊

KristenMeren
      Advisor

Hi VikasB, thank you so much for your thoughtful reply! I spoke with our developer and they said this looks very promising and may be exactly what we need. Appreciate the help!