Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Featured Content Message

I previously worked with a Khoros Strategist who taught me how to add a featured text widget in stage (see attached). Unfortunately, I cannot remember how to create the same in community or push what was developed from stage.

Any feedback? I've added an arrow to what I am trying to replicate in our Community. This would be a temporary "alert" to highlight an event we have next week.

• Hi, I assume you are using the Featured Content or Welcome component. If the component is already present on your stage, it is probably there in production too and you just need to add your message in admin.

So first I would try this. On production got Admin > Content > Announcements and enter your message in the Welcome/Featured Content text box.

See if the message shows up on your front page. If it doesn't then that means maybe you have the component added to the home page in stage and do still need to publish it to production.

To do this go to "Studio" from your stage site. You should see this.

Since, you already see the message in stage the component is already present here you just need to publish to production. Careful though this will publish any unpublished changes made in studio.

If you need to do this, I would read this entire article. The Studio Publish workflow - Atlas (khoros.com) It goes through step by step including how to roll back in case you discover some unintended consequence of publishing.