Forum Discussion

ptitgraig
Helper
10 years ago

filteredbylabelpage page doesn't have mobile equivalent

Hello everyone.

Lithium comes with a build-in feature, i believe based on user-agent, that outputs mobile-optimized content when a user consults pages from a mobile.

This is true for most of the pages. Example : ForumPage will have its equivalent MobileForumPage.

However I found a page that has no mobile equivalent.

When a user chooses a board and filters the topics by a predefined label, the filteredbylabelpage page appears. This page has no mobile equivalent. When i look at it from a mobile, the desktop version is displayed.

I don't know how to create the mobile equivalent. How can I handle this ? Have you already encountered this situation ?

Thanks for your help.

• Not that specific (thanks for the hint =D),  but more in general, the mobile stuff seems not to be very well configurable.

I for example had the task to create 4 different custom categor pagetypes (like you can do in desktop) for some custom views...Had to give that up very fast as it seems not to be possible to assign the newly created custom pages to anything that would affect mobile...there is must one "MobileCategoryPage" for example and it looks like it cannot be changed, e.g. I would have to put all the logic/code for 4 different custom sections of the community into one page and somehow manage my way around...this is very unfortunate and I'm surprised that nobody else brought this up yet (Or I didn't search with the right term or it is not a problem at all and I just don't know where to assign custom pagetypes to mobile pages...)

ptitgraig
      Helper

Ok

Since there is no page for the "forums filtered by label",  is there a way to create a new page and set it as the mobile version of the "forums filtered by label" page (ForumsFilteredByLabelPage) ?

Thanks.

VarunGrazitti
        Boss
        But the question is, how'd you display the labels in your discussion in the mobile view? That's gonna be your first step to achieve what you're looking for. It'd require a lot of customization.