Forum Discussion

wmertens
Expert
12 years ago

Find out article draft state via API

Is there a way to know if a message is in "draft" state using the API? I can't find anything, but when creating a new message you can set is_draft to true.

IzabelaU
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)
      hi wmertens,

i'm discussing this with engineering how we can get this info to you via API. It is either a piece of metdata on the message or an actual state of the message.
    YuriK
    Khoros Expert

Hi wmertens,

You are right, there is currently no way to find out if an article is in "draft" state using the API. Thank you for making us aware of this. We've logged this request in our backlog.

Thank you,

Yuri

wmertens
      Expert

So is there a workaround possible with custom endpoints or something along those lines?

IzabelaU
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

hi wmertens,

Let me see if this could be retrieved using our Search API since 'Is Draft' is a filter on the tkb search page that triggers a special set of parameters. You can see the parameters created in the URL on the TKB search page when you use this filter.  

YuriK
    Khoros Expert
    Hey wmertens,

Can you tell me a little bit more about what you are trying to accomplish? Is this functionality you want for moderators to find all the draft state messages? Or is it for the users to be able to find all the messages they have in draft state?

Thank you,

Yuri
        wmertens
        Expert

We're now going to do it in a different way so this is no longer necessary but sure would be nice.

In general, I'm disappointed about how much things are not possible through the API but are possible through the UI. E.g. attaching files, deleting things, sorting things, ...