Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Finding out the subscribers to a categories/Boards/Topics

Hi ,

I am looking for  the Apis for getting the details,count  of a subscribers who have subscribed to a category,boards,topics. we have an API for getting the number of subscribers to a board.
boards/id/administration/${coreNode.id}/email/board

Similar way is there any API for gettting the List of  subscribers to a category and topics as well.

• I think you can get everything you are looking for with API V2 subscriptions (khoros.com)

So for a list of subscribers to a specific topic:

SELECT subscriber FROM subscriptions WHERE target.type = 'thread' AND target.id = '[message id]'

Count would be:

SELECT count(*) FROM subscriptions WHERE target.type = 'thread' AND target.id = '[message id]'

For a category instead of a topic:

SELECT subscriber FROM subscriptions WHERE target.type = 'category' AND target.id = '[category id goes here]'

And a complete url with encoding would look like this:

https://[COMMUNITY DOMAIN]/api/2.0/search?q=SELECT%20subscriber%20FROM%20subscriptions%20WHERE%20target.type%20%3D%20%27thread%27%20AND%20target.id%20%3D%20%271387%27

Or if you are doing this with FreeMarker I think it would look like this where ?url at the end encodes the url:

<#assign subscribers = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "SELECT subscriber FROM subscriptions WHERE target.type = 'thread' AND target.id = '1387'"?url) />

Akenefick
      Genius

Actually this won't work. Sorry. This only returns your subscriptions (the logged in user). So it appears it's not intended to be used this way at all.