Forum Discussion

Gursimrat
Leader
11 years ago

Forum Message layout - Questions

By default, the threads page has a Forum Message layout associated to it, is there a way I can associate another type to it. In short, can the threads page have 2 column or a 3 colums layout just like the boards page or category page so we can display additional details, widgets on the side bar?

Thanks

• Hi Gursimrat,

The Thread page Page in studio is called the Forum Topic Page. If you view the xml version of that page you'll see that it's using the one-column layout. You can edit this page to use either the default two-column layout that the default Category & Forum Page use, or you can assign a different default layout or create a custom layout (e.g. with three columns, or the main & side columns flipped) and apply it to the Forum Topic Page.

Also note that the Forum Message page refers to the individual posts within a thread, and that uses its own unique page & layout.
    MoniqueL
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Gursimrat,

The Thread page Page in studio is called the Forum Topic Page. If you view the xml version of that page you'll see that it's using the one-column layout. You can edit this page to use either the default two-column layout that the default Category & Forum Page use, or you can assign a different default layout or create a custom layout (e.g. with three columns, or the main & side columns flipped) and apply it to the Forum Topic Page.

Also note that the Forum Message page refers to the individual posts within a thread, and that uses its own unique page & layout.
  • Yes, I finally concluded it myself, I was so much confused but then I realised that I kept editing the forum message quilt to 2 column layout rather than the forum topic. Thanks for the response.