Forum Discussion

Inactive User
5 years ago

Get cover image using API V1?

Is there a way to select the cover image using API v1?

There's the images array, and I can obviously select the [0] image -- if the cover image is the first one. What if it's not?

https://devdocportal.lithium.com/t5/Community-API-v1-Reference/bd-p/restv1docs?section=commv1&leaf-id=Message.images#Message.images

• Inactive User, Its difficult to use that using V1, since V1 treat cover image and body images in same API. Also there is no difference in there node.

I would suggest its better to use API V2 in this case, to get specific cover image of messages using API below.

SELECT cover_image FROM messages WHERE id='2366'

Inactive User

Parshant Thank you, however I need to use v1 for this particular project. Is it impossible or just difficult? 

Parshant
        Boss

Its seems to be impossible, since it doesn't make any differences in node or attributes with other images in array. 

Inactive User

Parshant wrote:

mcdvoice, Its difficult to use that using V1, since V1 treat cover image and body images in same API. Also there is no difference in there node.

I would suggest its better to use API V2 in this case, to get specific cover image of messages using API below.

SELECT cover_image FROM messages WHERE id='2366'

I got really good information from this content.thanks for sharing.