Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Get most viewed messages in last two weeks from a board

Is there a way to get messages ordered by most viewed in a specific time period? I would like to get most viewed messages in the last two weeks from a board. I am using API v2.

edit: To be clear I want to limit message view count to a certain time period.

• hroppanen,

We had a similar requirement in two of our communities. We were able to achieve this by using bulk data API. However, you need to store this data in order to generate these type of metrics (and much more!). This is a time-taking solution but worth trying if there are many other metrics you would like to see for your community that Lithium does not provide using the normal API calls.

Here is the documentation link around Bulk data API.

Hope this helps!

• hroppanen,

We had a similar requirement in two of our communities. We were able to achieve this by using bulk data API. However, you need to store this data in order to generate these type of metrics (and much more!). This is a time-taking solution but worth trying if there are many other metrics you would like to see for your community that Lithium does not provide using the normal API calls.

Here is the documentation link around Bulk data API.

Hope this helps!

PaoloT
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi hroppanen

there isn't a way that I am aware of to select a subset of a certain metric based on a time period. I think srujanayeruvaka's suggestion is the recommended approach.

Thanks,

• Thanks for all the comments and specially srujanayeruvaka for the solution! Bulk API way might be too much for this things but anyway it is good to know. Cheers!

satya
      Expert

Hi hroppanen,

You can try this 

SELECT subject, id,metrics.views FROM messages WHERE post_time > 2017-01-01T10:04:30-08:00 AND post_time < 2017-08-01T10:04:30-08:00 ORDER BY metrics.views DESC

You can give the required date in the date section. Check out this link for more info

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark as solution if it answers your query.

Thanks,
      Srujana Satya

• satya TariqHussain Sorry, but this will give me messages that are posted between a certain time period and those are then ordered by views.  It is not what I am looking for.

hroppanen
      Ace

TariqHussain This seems to be an invalid query. I guess you can't have

and post_time > 2017-08-01T00:00:00+00:00

after

order by metrics.views DESC